Emergency Preparedness - Threat Condition Updates
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security provides "Up to the Minute" changes in threat levels. To connect with this information please click here.
The perception of suspicious circumstances or persons may vary with one's specific location. Any suspicious activity should be immediately reported by dialing 911.Regardless of the Threat Level Status, Skokie Police Department personnel remain alert, with a focus on critical infrastructure facilities.
Several facts are noteworthy:
- Extensive police and fire disaster plans are in place. These plans contain provisions for caring for our citizens.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, we have the ability to contact you. Our communications devices include:
- The Community Messaging System (a means to rapidly place notification phone calls throughout the village)
- Cable television overrideAM/FM radio announcements
- The Village of Skokie web site
- Squad car loud speakers
Skokie actively participates in both the Illinois Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Emergency Management Agency disaster plans. Depending on the nature and scope of an emergency situation, mutual aid may be obtained from the following:
- The Northern Illinois Police Alarm System (assistance from approximately 100 municipal police agencies)
- The Illinois State Police
- The Illinois Emergency Management Agency
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency
- The Illinois National Guard and specialized units of both the U.S. Army and the U.S. Marine Corps.
Your internationally accredited Skokie Police and Fire Departments stand with you during this challenging time.