Skokie Farmers' Market
Skokie's famous, fabulous, fantastic Farmers' Market, celebrating more than a quarter century of operation, presents farmers and vendors from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin.
Farmers' Market continues to proudly boast of this community-spirited event and the freshness of its vegetables, fruits, cheeses and flowers, often picked just hours before being made available to customers.
Looking for a specific item? Click here to do a product search.
7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Sunday from June 12 through November 6, 2016
5127 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
*Dogs and pets are not permitted in the Market. The Skokie Farmers' Market is a smoke-free outdoor market event.
Free parking in Village parking lots.
Want to know where your favorite vendor is located? Click here for the Skokie Farmers' Market Map.
Amazing Kale Burger
Ellis Family Farms, LLC
Hair of the Ferret â€“ Salsa
Jeffrey Farms, Inc
M & D Farms
MJM Provo's Bake Shoppe
My Sweet Memories
Noffke Family Farms
Patz Maple & Honey Farms
R&B Miller Farms Inc.
River Valley Ranch
Six Generations' Farmin' Local, Inc.
T & H Farm Ltd.
Tamales Express aka Vegetarian Express
That Pickle Guy
The Cheese People
The Flower Garden
The Talking Farm
Twin Garden Farms
Would you like to be a vender at the Skokie Farmers' Market? Click here for the online application.
The Skokie Farmers' Market is a smoke-free outdoor market event.
- Voted "Best on the North Shore" by North Shore Magazine
- Held annually for more than a quarter century
- As many as 2,500 visit every Sunday
- Draws farmers from three midwestern states
- Open every Sunday at 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. from June 12 through November 6
- 20-25 vendors are featured each week
- Has an artisanal local cheesemonger with an amazing cheese selection
- Three bakeries offer freshly baked breads, pastries and cookies
- Seven varieties of apples are for sale at peak season
- Fruits and vegetables are sold by the bushel, per pound and per piece
- Free parking and public transportation nearby
- Handicap Accessible and handicap parking available
- Bicycle parking available
- Located in the shared parking lot of the Skokie Public Library and Skokie’s Village Hall. Click here for directions.
- Bathrooms are available at Village Hall
- Picnic area and benches are located in the Village Green
- The Skokie Farmers’ Market is proudly sponsored by the Skokie Consumer Affairs Commission
History of the Skokie Farmers' Market
The first Farmers' Market opened with a dozen vendors in June of 1975. Proudly sponsored by the Village of Skokie Consumer Affairs Commission, the Market has steadily grown in size to host more than 4,000 visitors each year. Two of today's vendors who sold their produce at the first market are R&B Miller Farms of Coloma, Michigan, and Noffke Farms of Coloma, Michigan and are still present. A number of sons and daughters of other original vendors continue to participate in the Market. Many of the customers return year after year as well. The original objective of freshness and quality is assured by keeping the Market to a modest size. In addition to all of the expected fruits and vegetables, special varieties of mushrooms are available including Portabello and Morrel and mushroom sauces which are sold by River Valley Ranch.
The Market is truly a Skokie community event. People renew their friendships with the farmers and other visitors each year. They come to shop - some even purchasing bushels of sweet corn and apples - and to catch up on a year's worth of news. Today there are over 20 vendors featured at the Market, with a growing list of activities for families. The Market has branched out slightly to reflect customer demand for such foods as freshly baked bread and pastries as well as a wide array of spices, herbs and sauces.
Janelle Silva, Market Manager
Village of Skokie