Finance Department - Water Billing
The Village is divided into three water districts. Water consumption meters are read and bills issued in each district once every three months. Water utility billing rates are:
- $35.79 per 1000 cubic feet effective billing in and after the month of October 2014
- The minimum $35.79 applies for consumption under 1000 cubic feet per the three month cycle
- Rate changes require Village Board approval and are effective as defined by ordinance
- The Village of Skokie continues to maintain one of the lowest water rates of area communities
- Maintenance of plumbing and sprinkling systems on your property are critical in keeping your consumption low
Water billing payments may be made through the mail (except cash), in-person in Village Hall, 5127 Oakton St. or at the "drop box" located in the east parking lot near the corner of Floral and Oakton St.. MasterCard, Visa, Discover cards and debit card payments are also accepted.
Water billing personnel are available to discuss consumption and billing issues Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or in person at the first floor of Village Hall. Village Hall is closed on Saturdays. The Village apologizes for any inconvenience. Payments for Village of Skokie water bills, parking tickets and other non-moving violations, and miscellaneous invoices may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week online by clicking here.
For more information please call the Finance Department at 847/933-8418.