International Leadership Academy
On Sundays, November 9 and December 7, 2008, the Village of Skokie will host a two-part International Leadership Academy for Skokie residents. The November 9 session will be held at Maggiano's Little Italy, Westfield Old Orchard, from 2 to 7 p.m. The December 7 session will be held at the Holiday Inn/Skokie from 2 to 7 p.m.
The Academy is being funded by a grant from the Chicago Community Trust and will include sessions on:
- Leadership throughout American History
- Understanding State and Federal Government Systems
- Serving as a Volunteer, Appointed Official or Elected Official
- Etiquette, Protocol and the Art of Negotiation
A dinner follows each informational session, and attendees will be asked to discuss how to continue developing leadership skills and their plans for leadership involvement in the community.
Registration is free, but must be done by October 27, 2008 and is limited as follows:
- Those who register are expected to commit to attending both sessions.
- Due to the nature of the grant, attendees must be born outside of the United States.
Attendees will be asked to assist in evaluating the program to ensure the effectiveness of future International Leadership Academy programs hosted by the Village of Skokie.
To register or for further information, please contact Ann Tennes, Director of Marketing and Communications, at 847/933-8234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.