Village of Skokie Maps
The Village of Skokie maintains an accurate and sophisticated geographic information system (GIS). The Village joined the GIS Consortium in 2005 as one of 18 area municipal member communities united by the goal of enabling GIS technology for Village staff and residents. GIS integrates maps and other geographical data for capturing, managing, analyzing and displaying all types of geographically referenced information. GIS technology works by linking information in databases to a specific place or location and allows users to visualize where things are with descriptive and illustrated information. GIS can be used for nearly everything from scientific investigations, environmental impact assessments and urban planning to sales and marketing.
My Skokie Property SearchThe Village of Skokie offers My Skokie Property Search, a detailed property search where you can find your refuse and recycling pickup dates, school district, zoning and much more. You can also view aerial photography, measure distance and area, draw, create and print maps.
To begin searching please enter an address.
Click here to see a listing of available commercial properties located in the Village of Skokie. For more information on these properties please contact Leslie Murphy, Economic Development Specialist, at 847/933-8446.
Benchmarks in Skokie
A benchmark provides precise information, including the height and location of a certain geographic point, for the use in surveying. Skokie provides over 100 benchmarks, most of which are classified as having second order accuracy. Please click here to view the benchmark interactive map..
- Monday collection: Residents living east of Kostner Avenue and north of Greenleaf Street have recycling collection every Monday.
- Tuesday collection: Residents living east of Kostner Avenue and south of Greenelaf Street have recycling collection every Tuesday.
- Thursday collection: Residents living west of Kostner Avenue and north of Greenleaf Street have recycling collection every Thursday.
- Friday collection: Residents living west of Kostner Avenue and south of Greenleaf Street have recycling collection every Friday.
- Monday and Thursday collection: If you live on the north side of Greenleaf Street or north of Greenleaf Street, refuse is collected on Monday and Thursday.
- Tuesday and Friday collection: If you live on the south side of Greenleaf Street or south of Greenleaf Street, refuse is collected on Tuesday and Friday.
TIF District Maps
To see maps of TIF Districts in Skokie, please click the links below. For more information on Redevelopment Plans and TIF Districts in Skokie, please click here.
- Amended Downtown TIF District Map
- Illinois Science + Technology Park TIF District Map
- West Dempster Street TIF District Map