New Resident's Information
Welcome to Skokie! We are glad that you have chosen the Village of Skokie as your new home. As a resident you will enjoy the very best in municipal services and programs. Please contact the Village whenever we may be of service to you.
Electronic New Resident Packet
- Letter from Mayor George Van Dusen
- Skokie Community Map
- Skokie's Going 'Green'
- Chicago's North Shore iBrochure
- SkokieLink WiFi
- Ride the Skokie Swift on the Weekends
- Epay for water bills, parking tickets and non-moving violations and miscellaneous invoices
- Alternate Side Parking
- Carrier Watch Program
- Vehicle License
- Parents, Teens and the Law brochure
- Storm Water Runoff Control
- Learn about the Skokie Health Department, Public Works Department, Fire Department, Police Department and Human Services Division
- Sign up for the Village's e-newsletter, SkokieNews
- Snow Plowing
- Village Map
- Frequently Asked Questions
New Resident Checklist
- Register to vote at the Village Clerk's Office in Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street. Registration hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Click here to view voting district map.
- Purchase vehicle stickers.
- Confirm that your water bill has been updated to reflect your information.
- Confirm your twice-weekly garbage collection, weekly yard waste and recycling collection schedules. Click here to learn more.
- Nicor Gas: 1-888-NICOR-4-U
- Commonwealth Edison: 1-800-EDISON-1
- Telephone service is not regulated by the Village and residents may choose from many service providers.
- Cable Television: Skokie residents may choose video, phone and internet service from:
Other Community Links