New Resident's Information
Welcome to Skokie! We are glad that you have chosen the Village of Skokie as your new home. As a resident you will enjoy the very best in municipal services and programs. Please contact the Village whenever we may be of service to you.
My Skokie Property SearchThe Village of Skokie offers My Skokie Property Search, a detailed property search where you can find your refuse and recycling pickup dates, school district, zoning and much more. You can also view aerial photography, measure distance and area, draw, create and print maps.
To begin searching please enter an address.
Electronic New Resident Packet
- Letter from Mayor George Van Dusen
- Electric Aggregation Introduction
- Skokie's Going 'Green'
- Chicago's North Shore iBrochure
- SkokieLink WiFi
- Ride the Skokie Swift on the Weekends
- Epay for water bills, parking tickets and non-moving violations and miscellaneous invoices
- Alternate Side Parking
- Carrier Watch Program
- Vehicle License
- Parents, Teens and the Law brochure
- Storm Water Runoff Control
- Learn about the Skokie Health Department, Public Works Department, Fire Department, Police Department and Human Services Division
- Sign up for the Village's e-newsletter, SkokieNews
- Snow Plowing
- Village Map
- Frequently Asked Questions
New Resident Checklist
- Register to vote at the Village Clerk's Office in Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street. Registration hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Click here to view voting district map.
- Purchase vehicle stickers.
- Confirm that your water bill has been updated to reflect your information.
- Confirm your twice-weekly garbage collection, weekly yard waste and recycling collection schedules. Click here to learn more.
- Nicor Gas: 1-888-NICOR-4-U
- Commonwealth Edison: 1-800-EDISON-1
- Telephone service is not regulated by the Village and residents may choose from many service providers.
- Cable Television: Skokie residents may choose cable service from among two cable service providers:
Other Community Links