Alternate Side Parking Program
The Village’s Alternate-Side Parking Program is in effect from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week, after a snow accumulation of at least two inches. The program is a minimum two-day operation.
- An “alert” warning siren will sound at 7 a.m., indicating that alternate-side parking will be in effect for the day.
- The siren will then sound at 6 p.m., indicating that alternate-side parking has ended for that day.
- On even dates of the month, all vehicles must be parked on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- On odd dates of the month, all vehicles must be parked on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
- Comcast customers should tune to channel 17 and RCN customers should tune to channel 25 to find out if alternate-side parking is in effect for the day.
- Residents may tune to 1660 AM, the Village of Skokie’s advisory radio station, to learn more about the alternate-side parking program and to find out if the program is in effect for the day.
- Residents may also call the Village’s prerecorded “Snow Hotline” at (847) 675-SNOW (7669) to find out if the alternate-side parking program is in effect for the day.
- Residents can receive e-mail alerts indicating when alternate-side parking is in effect for the day. To receive e-mail alerts, visit www.skokie.org and click on the “Subscribe to SkokieNews” link located on the right-hand side of the page.
The Village has certain streets that are exempt from the alternate-side parking program on Saturdays, Sundays and some holidays. There are also streets in the Village that are under the jurisdiction of the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) or the Cook County Highway Department. Click here to learn more about these streets.