Downtown Skokie Rediscovered Weekend
June 6, 7 and 8, 2014
An abundance of fun, family-friendly events are planned to re-acquaint the community with the many restaurants and shops in Downtown Skokie. There will be something for everyone, and several charities will benefit from the weekend activities, too. The official ribbon-cutting will take place at Krier Plaza on the southeast corner of Oakton Street and Lincoln Avenue at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 6. Other festivities will include a big reveal of specially decorated fire hydrants throughout the Downtown area, a free concert by American English at Searle Park at 7:30 p.m. on June 7, dancing, street performers, a “Woof Walk” pet parade and adoption event at noon on June 7, speed chess tournaments and informal chess instruction, a Downtown Skokie passport with fun prizes, merchant’s and restaurant specials, a sidewalk sale and craft fair, WXRT promotional booth at Krier Plaza from noon to 3 p.m. on June 7, face painting, balloon artists.
Downtown Skokie Five
Play the Downtown Skokie Five
Bring it Downtown in 2014! From January through April 2014:
- Fill out the Downtown Skokie Five playing card with your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Receive special stickers when you make a minimum $5 purchase at any participating Downtown Skokie restaurant or business. Look for the Downtown Skokie 5 poster!
- Once you have 5 stickers, turn in the card at any participating business and receive a gift of up to a $5 value. At restaurants, please present the completed card before ordering.
- Get more cards from any participating business, at Village Hall or other locations. The promotion lasts January through April and you can play over and over!
- Each month during the promotion, a $25 or $50 gift certificate from a Downtown Skokie business will be awarded by random drawing from all the completed cards. Winners will be notified by email.
Click here to download the Downtown Skokie Five playing card.
Participating businesses include: Alexander's Breakfast and Lunch, Al's Cycle Shop, Annie's Pancake House, Aw Yeah Comics, Bob's Magazine Museum, BugHouse Studio, Café Hanah, CK Studio, Cocmero Frozen Yogurt of Skokie, Crafty Beaver, Curragh Irish Pub, De-Jred Fine Jamaican Cuisine, Drive Cleaning, Gaite Salon, Kabul House, Libertad, Marge's Flowers, Print Xpress, Queen's Nail and Spa, Robert's Office Supplies, Skokie Ace Hardware, Skokie Paint and wall paper, Subway on Oakton, Sweety Pies, Tub Tim Thai, UPS Store and Village Inn Pizzeria.