Downtown Construction Project Updates
Wednesday, April 3, 2014
The Downtown Skokie construction project will resume on April 7, 2014. Final improvements will begin on the intersection of Oakton Street and Lincoln Avenue. Lane closures will be necessary during the intersection improvements,but one lane of traffic will remain open in each direction throughout the duration of the project.
Other activities planned for the coming week throughout the entire project area include:
- Continued installation of street furniture
- Continued landscaping installation
- Repairs from winter damage
READ MORE >>>>
Downtown Skokie Five
Play the Downtown Skokie Five
Bring it Downtown in 2014! From January through April 2014:
- Fill out the Downtown Skokie Five playing card with your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Receive special stickers when you make a minimum $5 purchase at any participating Downtown Skokie restaurant or business. Look for the Downtown Skokie 5 poster!
- Once you have 5 stickers, turn in the card at any participating business and receive a gift of up to a $5 value. At restaurants, please present the completed card before ordering.
- Get more cards from any participating business, at Village Hall or other locations. The promotion lasts January through April and you can play over and over!
- Each month during the promotion, a $25 or $50 gift certificate from a Downtown Skokie business will be awarded by random drawing from all the completed cards. Winners will be notified by email.
Click here to download the Downtown Skokie Five playing card.
Participating businesses include: Alexander's Breakfast and Lunch, Al's Cycle Shop, Annie's Pancake House, Aw Yeah Comics, Bob's Magazine Museum, BugHouse Studio, Café Hanah, CK Studio, Cocmero Frozen Yogurt of Skokie, Crafty Beaver, Curragh Irish Pub, De-Jred Fine Jamaican Cuisine, Drive Cleaning, Gaite Salon, Kabul House, Libertad, Marge's Flowers, Print Xpress, Queen's Nail and Spa, Robert's Office Supplies, Skokie Ace Hardware, Skokie Paint and wall paper, Subway on Oakton, Sweety Pies, Tub Tim Thai, UPS Store and Village Inn Pizzeria.