Official Skokie Public Safety Bulletin
Click here to subscribe to daily or weekly crime alerts.
December 6, 2016
Criminal Damage to Property
Criminal Damage to Property on the 7700 block of Niles Center Road, on December 2 between 4:06 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. Reported: 12/02/2016
Unknown person(s) shattered the front passenger side window of the victim’s vehicle with an unknown item.
Criminal Damage to property on the 4900 block of Golf Road, on December 3 at 3:00 p.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
Unknown person(s) scratched graffiti on the victim’s vehicle with an unknown item.
Deceptive Practices at 8255 Kimball Avenue, Tip Top Builders, between 12/01/2016 at 1:00 p.m. and 12/02/2016 at 10:37 a.m. Reported: 12/02/2016
Unknown person(s) wrote two checks from the victim’s company in an attempt to cash them.
Deceptive Practices on the 8300 block of Skokie Boulevard, on November 30 between 5:08 p.m. and 5:10 p.m. Reported: 12/02//2016
Unknown person(s) used the victim’s debit card information to make an unauthorized withdrawal at an ATM.
Burglary/Attempt on the 8100 block of Keystone Avenue, between December 1 at 10:00 p.m. and December 2 at 8:00 a.m. Reported: 12/02/2016
Unknown person(s) used a pry tool in an attempt to gain entry to a side garage door. Entry was not made.
Burglary/Attempt on the 4000 block of Suffield Court, on December 3 between 8:30 p.m. and 11:28 p.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
Unknown person(s) damaged the victim’s garage frame in an attempt to gain entry.
Theft of Lost Property
Theft of Lost Property on the 3600 block of Touhy on December 3 between 3:50 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
Unknown person(s) stole the victim’s phone that was mislaid in a shopping cart.
Theft/Retail at 3358 Touhy Avenue, between December 2 at 6:30 p.m. and December 3 at 3:30 p.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
Three unknown subjects concealed 25 cans of baby formula and exited past the last point of purchase without paying. Subject #1 is described as female white or Hispanic, 18 years of age, 120 lbs., long brown hair, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and gym shoes, and carrying a purse. Subject #2 is described as a female white or Hispanic, 16 years of age, 100 lbs., wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, grey sweatpants, and carrying a purse. Subject #3 is described as a male white or Hispanic, 20 years of age, 160 lbs., short black hair, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black jeans, and red Jordan gym shoes, and carrying an infant and a diaper bag.
Retail Theft at 3337 Golf Road, TJ Maxx, on December 3 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
A female black subject concealed two purses and a men’s shirt before walking past the last point of purchase without paying. The subject is described as 35-40 years of age, 200 – 220 lbs., wearing a gray/black “Pelle” coat with an orange “P”, “Bulls” pajama-style pants, and a black beanie with a puffball on top. This subject along with a male black subject described as 35-45 years of age, 150-170 lbs., wearing dark pants, leather coat and a black skull cap are suspects in other retail thefts at this location.
Identity Theft at 4937 Old Orchard Center, Nordstrom, on December 4 between 1:47 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. Reported: 12/04/2016
A male black subject, 35 years of age, slim build, 170 lbs., bald head, wearing a black leather jacket, gray sweater, and gray sweatpants, opened a credit card account using the victim’s identity.
Forgery on the 7000 block of Carpenter Road, between November 30 at 12:00 p.m. and December 3 at 12:00 p.m. Reported: 12/03/2016
Unknown person(s) cashed several counterfeit checks with the victim’s name.
Burglary from Motor Vehicle
Burglary from Motor Vehicle on the 3500 block of Main Street, between December 1 at 9:00 p.m. and December 2 at 4:30 p.m. Reported: 12/02/2016
Unknown person(s) gained entry to the victim’s vehicle and stole a sound system from the trunk.
Burglary from Motor Vehicle on the 5400 block of Touhy Avenue, on December 4 between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. Reported: 12/04/2016
Unknown person(s) used an unknown tool to punch a hole into the key slot of the victim’s vehicle to gain entry. Once inside, subject(s) stole a phone charging cable and $30.00 USC.
Dunn, Jessica M., 22, 325 Callan Avenue, Evanston, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 3600 block of Touhy Avenue, on 12/02/2016.
Valrie, Terry J., 22, 621 Hull, Evanston, was arrested for Armed Robbery, Driving with Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License, and Possession of Cannabis 30gm And Under on the 4800 block of Dempster Street, on 12/03/2016.
Thompson, Darnell, 29, 1942 N. Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, was arrested for Driving with Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 4700 block of Howard Street, on 12/02/2016.
Brown, Alicia L., 22, 1405 Cleveland Street, Evanston, was arrested for Armed Robbery on the 7300 block of Niles Center Road, on 12/03/2016.
Parker, Michele L., 44, 9725 Woods Drive, was arrested for Driving Under The Influence of Alcohol on the 9100 block of Skokie Boulevard, on 12/03/2016.
Pizarro, Anthony J., 28, 5712 N. Campbell Avenue, Chicago, was arrested for Possession Of Controlled Substance on the 8200 block of Skokie Boulevard, on 12/03/2016.
Two juveniles, 16, were arrested for a Curfew Violation on the 3500 block of Church Street, on 12/03/2016.
Varisse, Vilaire J., 18, 5000 Church Street, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 4800 block of Golf Road, on 12/03/2016.
Glover, Aaliyah R., 22, 9032 Skokie Boulevard, was arrested for Driving with Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 4800 block of Golf Road, on 12/04/2016.
A juvenile, 17, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 8000 block of Central, Morton Grove, on 12/04/2016.
Macon, Magelica M., 28, 701 Oakton, Evanston, was arrested for Driving with Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 4700 block of Old Orchard Road, on 12/04/2016.
Fitts, Robert W., 747 Farragut Avenue, was arrested for an Out Of State Warrant on the 9400 block of Kostner Avenue, on 12/04/2016.
Herbert, Michael A., 20, 2316 Emerson Street, Evanston, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 4900 block of Old Orchard Road, on 12/04/2016.
Richard-Little, Marsha A., 62, 310 S. Cass Avenue, Westmont, was arrested for Driving With No Valid Driver’s License on the 4700 block of Church Street, on 12/04/2016.
Iqbal, Kashif, 32, 8325 Kimball Avenue, was arrested for Unlawful Use Of Weapons on the 4100 block of Dempster Street, on 12/04/2016.
Cano-Vazques, Victor, 40, 160 Arbor Court, Wheeling, was arrested for Driving With No Valid Driver’s License on the 3700 block of Dempster Street, on 12/05/2016.
NOTICE: Notable incidents are listed in the Public Safety Bulletin upon completion of the police report. If the police report for a particular incident is incomplete or the incident is still under investigation, appearance in the Official Public Safety Bulletin may be delayed.
Good News Notes
- A Skokie resident recently wrote Officer Del Valle a letter of thanks for giving a tour of the station and allowing a ride-a-long. The resident reported that Officer Del Valle's tour was informative and she was helpful in answering questions.
- A 93-year old Skokie resident called Chief Scarpelli to thank Officers Bush and Siemiawski for their assistance when her family called in a well-being check for her. She said she was happy and thankful for their assistance.
- Laz Perez, Interim Director of The Suburban Law Enforcement Academy, recently sent Sergeant Garcia a letter of thanks for his participation with the Skokie Police Honor Guard in the opening and closing of the graduation ceremonies on September 30, 2016. She said their professionalism and attention to detail was very impressive and helped to enhance the ceremony for the recruits and their families and friends.
- A Skokie resident sent Chief Scarpelli a letter to tell him of the excellent service she received from Detective Dewey and Officers Bennett, Badagliacco, DeLorm, Gonzalez and Alexander, when she was experiencing an extremely personal and emotional situation on October 22. She said Detective Dewey and all the officers were professional, compassionate and they treated her "like a human being, inspite of my circumstances."
- A Skokie resident wrote Chief Scarpelli a letter to commend Officer Moore for the assistance that was provided with an accident her husband was recently involved in. She said Officer Moore was extraordinarily kind to her husband and made sure he got home safely and she truly appreciated his kindness.
- A Skokie resident recently sent a message of thanks to the Department for their thoughtfulness, empathy and hard work. The resident said, "I can't be more thankful to appreciate all the hard work you do for the people of Skokie. I feel very safe knowing that we have such a great police force that is protecting and serving."
Crime Tip Hot Line Available 24/7
The Skokie Police Department has an automated Crime Tip Hot Line and invites the public to call 847/933-TIPS (8477) any time to report suspicious activity. Messages can be left anonymously, but it is helpful if those who call leave their contact information for Police follow up if necessary. Questions and concerns about public safety also can be emailed to email@example.com.