Official Skokie Public Safety Bulletin
Click here to subscribe to daily or weekly crime alerts.
May 26, 2016
Criminal Damage to Property
Criminal Damage to Property on the 5000 block of Galitz Street, on May 23 between 3:00 p.m. May 23 at 8:30 p.m. Reported: 05/24/2016
Unknown person(s) scratched a door and fender on a vehicle.
Theft on the 8400 block of Skokie Boulevard, between May 23 at 8:25 p.m. and May 24 at 12:00 p.m. Reported: 05/24/2016
Unknown female white subject with short blond hair, wearing blue jeans, a red/grey tank top, a dark colored bag and a backpack, ripped out several flowers that were growing on the victim’s property.
Theft on the 4500 block of Birchwood Avenue, between May 22 at 5:00 p.m. and May 24 at 6:30 p.m. Reported: 05/24/2016
Unknown person(s) entered the rear yard and stole two ladders.
Motor Vehicle Theft
Motor Vehicle Theft at 7601 Skokie Boulevard, Sherman Dodge, on May 18 at 6:42 p.m. Reported: 05/25/2016
Unknown person(s) stole a blue 2013 Volkswagen Passat with no registration from the parking lot.
Theft of Lost Property
Theft of Lost Property on the 9300 block of Kenton Avenue, Old Orchard J.H., between February 1 at 12:00 a.m. and February 29 at 4:00 p.m. Reported: 05/24/2016
Unknown person(s) took the victim’s iPad that the victim lost at the school.
Identity Theft/Aggravated on the 5100 block of Wright Terrace, on May 28 at 3:03 p.m. Reported: 05/24/2016
Unknown person(s) used the credit card information to make several fraudulent purchases.
Identity Theft on the 3600 block of Crain Street, on May 23 at 5:14 p.m. Reported: 05/25/2016
Unknown person(s) used the victim’s personal information to apply for a credit card.
Marshall, Christal A., 19, 3521 Main Street, was arrested for Criminal Damage to Property on the 3500 block of Main Street, on 05/24/2016.
Ivey, Justin E. C., 31, 10551 S. Sawyer, Chicago, was arrested for Driving with a Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 8600 block of Crawford Avenue, on 05/24/2016.
Robinson, Danny H., 49, 6250 N. Magnolia Avenue, #1, Chicago, was arrested for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol on the 3300 block of Dempster Street, on 05/24/2016.
Youn, Helen B., 20, 2640 Laurel Lane, Wilmette, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 4800 block of Old Orchard Road, on 05/24/2016.
Arce, Alejandro, 20, 3105 W. Montrose, #2, Chicago, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 4800 block of Old Orchard Road, on 05/24/2016.
Makhani, Zeeshan S., 23, 6118 N. Sheridan Road, #501, Chicago, was arrested for Possession of Cannabis and Possession of Drug Equipment the 4900 block of Foster Street, on 05/25/2016.
Crespo, Coronel Sandra, 19, 3105 W. Montrose Avenue, 2nd Floor, Chicago, was arrested for Retail Theft on the 4800 block of Old Orchard Road, on 05/25/2016.
Novi, Alexander D., 19, 8622 Kedvale Avenue, was arrested for Possession of Drug Equipment on the 8700 block of Kedvale Avenue, on 05/25/2016.
Yagey, David N., 57, 15211 Chestnut Ridge Circle, Louisville, KY, was arrested for Public Indecency on the 9600 block of Skokie Boulevard, on 05/25/2016. Yagey was arrested after exposing himself to a woman.
May 25, 2016
Robbery on the 8300 block of Keating Avenue, on May 23 between 1:10 p.m. and 1:11 p.m. Reported: 05/23/2016
Two unknown male subjects, in their mid-20s, approached the victim while he was drying his vehicle and demanded he turn over his wallet. The victim stated that he did not have a wallet on him and both subjects began striking him numerous times. Subject #1 is described as a male white wearing a brown t-shirt, and subject #2 is described as a male black, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt. The subjects fled northbound in the alleyway toward Washington St.
Burglary/Residential on the 4700 block of Howard Street, between May 10 at 3:00 p.m. and May 15 at 2:00 p.m. Reported: 05/23/2016
Unknown person(s) pried open a door to the residence and stole cash and jewelry.
Theft on the 8200 block of Niles Center Road, between March 20 at 6:33 p.m. and May 6 at 6:33 p.m. Reported: 05/20/2016
Unknown person(s) stole two checks from the victim and cashed them.
Theft/Retail at 9150 Skokie Boulevard, Walgreens, on May 21 between 4:31 p.m. and 4:40 p.m. Reported: 05/21/2016
Two unknown female white subjects stole cigarettes from the store and fled in a Ford sedan. One of the subjects was wearing a white top, black pants and had a maroon purse. The second subject was wearing glasses, a grey jacket and pink pants.
Theft/Retail at 4999 Old Orchard Road, Gap, on May 21 between 2:21 p.m. and 2:29 p.m. Reported: 05/21/2016
Unknown female black subject, short hair, wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans, entered the store on two separate occasions and stole merchandise.
Criminal Damage to Property
Criminal Damage to Property on the 4900 block of Old Orchard Road, on May 21 at 8:57 p.m. Reported: 05/21/2016
Unknown person(s) damaged the hood of a Toyota while it was parked in the mall parking lot. Victim told police that a female white subject had yelled profanities at her earlier because she was upset over a parking space.
Irby, Dametre J., 24, 1717 Simpson, Evanston, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 8000 block of Kilpatrick Avenue, on 05/20/2016.
Arroyo, Dario A., 31, 8529 Lillibet Terrace, Morton Grove, was arrested for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol on the 7700 block of Lincoln Avenue, on 05/20/2016.
Thomas, Keira M., 18, 8814 Robin Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested for a Warrant and Battery on the 8900 block of Lacrosse Avenue, on 05/20/2016. Thomas was arrested after being involved in a physical altercation and was found to have an active Warrant for Criminal Damage to Property.
Brooks, Jeremy, 25, 1834 Ashland, Evanston, was arrested for Driving with a Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 4000 block of Main Street, on 05/20/2016.
Zahid, Osman Naeem, 27, 9526 Lavergne Avenue, was arrested for Criminal Trespass to State Supported Land on the 9600 block of Gross Point Road, on 05/20/2016.
Wint, Garth Andrew, 39, 3334 Pratt, #G, Lincolnwood, was arrested for Driving with a Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 8300 block of Skokie Boulevard, on 05/21/2016.
Alvarez Rivera, Javier Saturnino, 37, 2927 Newcastle Avenue, #Bsmt, Chicago, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 3500 block of Dempster Street, on 05/21/2016.
Jackson, Shardae S., 26, 5961 Winthrop, #1034, Chicago, was arrested for an In-State Warrant on the 7300 block of Niles Center Road, on 05/22/2016. Jackson was arrested in Zion on a Skokie Warrant for Retail Theft from August 26, 2015.
Macias, Jose A., 27, 4552 N. Kildare, Chicago, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 4800 block of Fargo Avenue, on 05/23/2016.
Juvenile, 17, Skokie, was arrested for Possession of Cannabis on the 9400 block of Kenton Avenue, on 05/23/2016.
Juvenile, 17, Skokie, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 4800 block of Foster Street, on 05/23/2016.
Villanueva, Karl Edwin, 34, 7647 N. Bosworth Avenue, #1N, Chicago, was arrested for Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 8800 block of McCormick Boulevard on 05/23/2016.
Zoudo, Jonathan G., 22, 3618 Ari Lane, Glenview, was arrested for Possession of Cannabis and Possession of a Controlled Substance on the 10000 block of LaCrosse Avenue, on 05/23/2016.
NOTICE: Notable incidents are listed in the Public Safety Bulletin upon completion of the police report. If the police report for a particular incident is incomplete or the incident is still under investigation, appearance in the Official Public Safety Bulletin may be delayed.
Good News Notes
- A Skokie resident sent Chief Scarpelli a letter commending the good work of Office DelValle in assisting him with a computer scam. He said that she was, "very professional, courteous and helpful and a great credit to the department."
- Frank Kaminski, Park Ridge Police Chief, recently sent Chief Scarpelli a letter of thanks to Officer Krozel for his assistance during Hillary Clinton's visit to Park Ridge. He said that Officer Krozel was helpful during an unexpected situation with a demonstration group and that, "he represented your agency well."
- Members of the Skokie Police Department recently took part in and won a local dodgeball tournament, edging out Niles, Morton Grove and Lincolnwood for bragging rights. The tournament was part of a series of events to bring together members of local law enforcement agencies to promote fellowship between departments. The trophy will be on display for one year at the Skokie Police Department and its inscription reads, "Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts."
- Arlington Heights Police Chief Gerald Mourning recently contacted Chief Scarpelli to thank him for Officer Olkowski and the Skokie Police Department's assistance with a domestic incident on April 23, 2016. Chief Mourning said, "please extend my sincere appreciation to your personnel for a job well done."
- Jennifer Godown, President of the Virginia Crime Analysis Network, wrote Commander Weinman to thank him for Officer Khan's time and expertise in presenting "Implementing Social Media Intelligence" during the 2016 Spring Training Symposium. She said the presentation was "well received and beneficial to all who attended."
- A Chicago resident recently wrote Chief Scarpelli to say that she was very appreciative of the asisstance she was provided by Detective Glad regarding a report she filed. She said, "my favorite television program is Blue Blood, and they say the police serve and protect the streets of New York. I can truly say we have the same service here in Skokie and Chicago."
- Recently, a resident from the 7600 block of Keeler called Chief Scarpelli to let him know of the exceptional assistance she received from Detective Zahn and Officers Ortiz and Leos when her house was burglarized. She said Officers Leos and Ortiz and Detective Zahn were so nice to her and that they handled the situation so well and treated her very kindly.
Crime Tip Hot Line Available 24/7
The Skokie Police Department has an automated Crime Tip Hot Line and invites the public to call 847/933-TIPS (8477) any time to report suspicious activity. Messages can be left anonymously, but it is helpful if those who call leave their contact information for Police follow up if necessary. Questions and concerns about public safety also can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.