On November 10, 2019 nearly 90 Skokie residents participated in the Village of Skokie’s second Community Forum that was held at Skokie Police Headquarters. The first Skokie Community Forum was held on November 2, 2014 at Oakton Community College.
At the November 2019 Skokie Community Forum, participants participated in small-group discussions responding to three questions:
- “Why did you choose to live in Skokie and why do you stay?”
- “What do we need to do individually and collectively to maintain and strengthen the things that we value about living in Skokie?
- For the third question participants selected a topic from question 2 and answered, “What do you need to do and what does the Village need to do in order for the idea you have chosen to become a reality?”
An initial summary report was developed on resident ideas, with regular status updates provided on programs in progress or under development.
November 2019 Village of Skokie Community Forum II Summary Report
March 2020 Status Report - November 2019 Skokie Community Forum II
January 2021 Status Report - November 2019 Skokie Community Forum II
November 2014 Village of Skokie Community Forum Summary Report
Comments from the community are always welcome! Here are a number of ways to contact the Village:
- Use the Access Skokie mobile app
- Email email@example.com
- Call Village Hall at 847/673-0500, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Stop by the Village booth at the Skokie Festival of Cultures and Skokie’s Backlot Bash
- Written comments may be sent to Village Manager John Lockerby at:
Village of Skokie
5127 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077