- Your Government
- Village Departments
- Community Development
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- CDBG-CV Skokie CARES Act Amendment
Skokie CDBG-CV CARES Act Amendments
Skokie to Receive CDBG-CV3 Funds
On September 11, 2020, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced new funding allocations as part of the CARES Act Tranche 3 funding distribution. The Village held a public hearing on October 5, 2020, to further amended its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Consolidated and Action Plans to facilitate the distribution of an additional $443,475 in CDBG-CV3 funds to help low/moderate-income Skokie residents and businesses with needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional information is below.
CDBG-CV3 Substantial Amendment
Plan amendments include updates to support urgent needs, including housing, economic development and public services, including the following:
Public Services. Support individuals, households, and organizations with needs related to COVID-19.
- Rent, Mortgage, and/or Utility Assistance: $120,000. Support housing costs for residents impacted by job and/or income loss due to COVID-19.
- Small Business Assistance: $120,000. Prioritize small businesses that did not receive assistance from other COVID-19 funding sources, and support small businesses that need additional assistance to remain viable.
- Other Public Services: $190,000. Support additional health and human services needs as they arise due to COVID-19, which may include increasing the above budget to further support rent, mortgage, and/or utility payments for eligible Skokie households.
Public Facilities. Support facility improvements and operational costs to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Program Administration. Support increased costs associated with CDBG-CV3 program administration.
- Administrative Costs: $13,475. Support program administration costs that may include the purchase of software licensing to support digital program processes.
Total CDBG-CV3 Funds: $443,475
Projects, activities, and budget amounts are subject to change, in whole or in part, including reallocating funds from public services to public facilities and/or program administration, depending on need. The main objective of the funds is to assist with Skokie’s COVID-19 response, which may include adding projects, activities, and/or funding to address unforeseen circumstances that may arise between this new set of substantial amendments and September 30, 2022.
Unallocated PY19 or PY20 CDBG funds may also be applied to COVID-19 activities and not be subject to the standard 15% public services cap or the need for a follow-up substantial amendment.
Skokie's Distribution of CDBG-CV Funds
The Village has amended its Consolidated, Action, and Citizen Participation Plans to facilitate the first distribution of CDBG-CV funds to help low/moderate-income Skokie residents and businesses with needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. To-date, small business expenses and housing costs are being supported, and public services support is forthcoming. Please continue to visit this page in the coming weeks and months for updates.
Substantial Amendments to PY19-Related Plans
The following documents were available for public review and were the subject of a Village Board public hearing in June 2020:
- Substantial Amendment - Citizen Participation Plan (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment - Consolidated Plan (PDF)
- Substantial Amendment - Action Plan (PDF)
Amendments to the PY15-19 Consolidated and PY19 Action Plans were approved by HUD in July 2020.
CDBG-CV or CDBG-CV3 Inquiries
Please contact the Community Development Department at 847-933-8224 or by mail at Village of Skokie, 5127 Oakton St, Skokie, IL, 60077.