Quarterly Beat Meeting Schedule
OTE: The beat meetings scheduled for the weeks of January 3 and 10, 2022, are being rescheduled due to the rise in COVID-19 cases. New dates will be posted on this page and announced in SkokieNews, the Village's weekly electronic newsletter, when available. Click here to subscribe to SkokieNews.
The Skokie Police Department’s new quarterly Beat meeting in each of the Village’s nine geographic beats (see map) will continue in 2022. Both permanent beat officers for each area, as well as Crime Prevention officers, attend the meetings to provide a regular opportunity for residents and stakeholders of the Beats to interact with members of the Skokie Police Department who patrol their neighborhoods, exchange information, identify recurring problems and jointly develop solutions to those problems.
The meetings last about one hour and include introductions, discussion of current crime conditions and any new or trending issues and updates on issues discussed at prior meetings. The Skokie Police Department invites residents as well as business owners and representatives of schools, houses of worship and neighborhood organizations to attend their beat meetings.
All 2022 beat meetings begin at 6 p.m. according to the following schedule:
- Beat 310: April 5, July 7, October 3, Weber Park Center, 9700 Weber Park Place
- Beat 311: April 7, July 12, October 6, Devonshire Cultural Center (second floor), 4400 Greenwood Street
- Beat 312: April 11, July 14, October 12, Middleton Elementary School, 8300 St. Louis Avenue
- Beat 313: April 12, July 19, October 11, Emily Oaks Nature Center (second floor), 4650 Brummel Street
- Beat 314: April 14, July 20, October 19, Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton Street
- Beat 315: April 28, July 21, October 20, Jane Stenson School (cafeteria), 9201 Lockwood Avenue
- Beat 316: April 25, July 26, October 25, Arie Crown multi-purpose room, 4600 Main Street
- Beat 317: April 27, July 25, October 26, Oakton Community Center, 4701 Oakton Street
- Beat 318: this beat covers the Skokie Police Department front desk and thus is not a traditional neighborhood beat.
*Note: Quarterly beat meetings scheduled for January 2022 have been canceled due to the surge of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. An updated schedule will be posted when available.
Updates to the dates, times and locations for the quarterly beat meetings will be posted on this page. Please plan to attend the meetings in the beat where you live and/or work to get to know your beat officers!