Apply for a Job
Submit a completed Application for Employment (not applicable for Police Officer, Firefighter, or Summer Seasonal employment) or a Summer Seasonal Employment Application (PDF) by email to email@example.com, or by U.S. mail or in-person to:
Village of Skokie
ATTN: Human Resources Department
5127 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
- The Village of Skokie does not accept applications or resumes via fax.
- Applications can be made for any position at any time. If there are no current vacancies, applications will be maintained for six months. When a vacancy does occur, applicants on file will be considered.
Current Employment Opportunities
Communications Operator - Lateral Entry Only (Police Dept.)
Positions will be filled as they become available.
Public Health Program Coordinator/Analyst (Health & Human Services. Dept.)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Police Officer Candidate Opportunities
Accepting lateral entry police officer applications NOW!
Police Officer Eligibility List & Pool
The current Entry-Level Police Officer Eligibility List was established on September 22, 2021 and will expire at 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on September 21, 2023. Typically a written examination is administered every two years, or when the current Eligibility List has been exhausted. Click here for the Entry-Level Police Officer Eligibility List.
The Lateral-Entry Police Officer Eligibility Pool expires 2 years after entry.
Firefighter Candidate Application Process and Requirements
Information on the application process for Police Officer and Firefighter candidates will be posted on the Village website when the respective application period next opens. Information on the minimum requirements for Police Officer and Firefighter candidates can be found at Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
Firefighter Eligibility List
The current Firefighter Eligibility List will expire at 11:59 p.m. (CDT) on October 17, 2024. Typically a written examination is administered every two years, or when the current Eligibility List has been exhausted.
To view the current Firefighter Eligibility List, please go to the Board of Fire & Police Commissioners page.
Other Jobs in the Community
Please note that the Village of Skokie does not maintain information regarding position openings for the Skokie Public Library, the Skokie Park District or other employers in the Village.
- View job resources from the Skokie Public Library
- View job postings from the Skokie Public Library
- View job postings from the Skokie Park District
- See the Skokie Chamber of Commerce jobs board for postings from local employers looking to fill positions.
- See information about the Chicago Cook County Workforce Partnership that combines federal and philanthropic resources to provide comprehensive workforce development services to employers and job seekers.