Skokie residents will receive vehicle license renewal notices in late May, and there will be several important
changes to Village’s annual vehicle license renewal process this year. Online vehicle license purchases at www.skokiestickers.org begin June 1. In-person purchases beginning on June 3 at Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vehicle licenses must be displayed on windshields by August 1, 2019.
Important new information for 2019:
• The cost increases to $40 for all passenger vehicles, with additional fees for trucks and trailers. There will be a $5 discount for all vehicle licenses purchased online. Passenger vehicle licenses purchased online will only cost $35. The online purchase discounts will expire on July 31, 2019.
• Online vehicle license purchases begin on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at www.skokiestickers.org. The price of each sticker increases by 50 percent on August 1, 2019, whether it is purchased online or over the counter at Village Hall.
• In-person vehicle license purchases begin on Monday, June 3, 2019 at Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street. Again, prices increase by 50 percent beginning on August 1, 2019.
• Residents who purchased zone parking stickers in the past who still live in the zone will be able to purchase the 2019 zone stickers through the annual renewal process, either by mailing the renewal form or by renewing online. Zone parking stickers cost $2 each and online purchases are not subject to discount.
• All vehicles will be required to display 2019 vehicle licenses and, if applicable, 2019 zone parking stickers by Thursday, August 1, 2019.
Vehicle licenses and zone parking stickers can be renewed at www.skokiestickers.org beginning June 1. Payment accepted with Visa, Mastercard, Discover and debit card. The Village does not charge an added fee for credit card payments.
Pet licenses also are available at Village Hall. By ordinance, all cats and dogs living in Skokie are required to have a license. Pet licenses, which must be renewed each year, can be purchased at the Collections window on the first
floor of Skokie Village Hall. Fees are $25 for animals that are not neutered or spayed, and $10 for animals
that are neutered or spayed. When purchasing a pet license, please bring a copy of the animal’s rabies vaccination certificate and veterinary proof of neutering or spaying, if applicable.
For more information on vehicle licenses, zone parking stickers or pet licenses, please call the Finance Department at 847/933-8423.
All vehicles registered in the State of Illinois to an address within the limits of the Village of Skokie are required to purchase and display a valid Village of Skokie vehicle license. The owner of record appearing on the Secretary of State's records is responsible for the purchase and display of the license.
- New residents or businesses must purchase and display vehicle license within sixty days of moving to the Village.
- Purchasers of a new vehicle must purchase and display a valid Village license within thirty days of purchase.
- Holders of current Village licenses will be mailed a renewal form to the last address of record in May of each year.
- Annual renewals may be processed online or through the mail.
- Vehicle licenses must be applied to the inside lower driver's side of the front windshield.
- The fee for a motor vehicle shall be reduced by 50 % if the applicant became the owner of the motor vehicle or a resident of the Village after December 31 of any year (Semiannual fee), except motor bicycles, motor-scooters, motorcycles, vehicles of auto dealers, and school buses.
- Late penalties of 50% of the fee required for the applicable license will apply if the license is purchased after August 1 for annual fees or after December 1 for semiannual fees.
- Transfer of license is allowed one time only when an owner provides evidence of the disposal of a vehicle and transfers the license to the new vehicle for $5.
- A replacement vehicle license for a lost or stolen license may be purchased for a fee of $5.
- If an owner having a vehicle registered in another Illinois municipality becomes a resident of the Village, the owner may purchase a current vehicle license for a fee of $5.
Vehicle licenses are available for purchase at www.skokiestickers.org (after June 1) and at Village Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or at the Collections Division window. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Village Hall is closed on Saturdays. Village Hall is located at:
5127 Oakton Street
Skokie, IL 60077
A payment drop box is located on the west side of Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street. Payments for Village of Skokie water bills, parking tickets and other non-moving violations, and miscellaneous invoices may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week online. Mailed applications also are accepted.
Please call the Finance Departments Collections Division at 847-933-8423 for further information.