Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste collection season begins in April and ends in November. Plant material, small brush, small quantities of sod, and leaves are collected in 32-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags (available at local grocery and home improvement stores) or bundles on every Wednesday during that time frame with the exception of holiday weeks. Materials should be properly bagged or bundled securely and placed out for collection no later than 7:00 am on collection days. They should be placed in the same area where your refuse and recycling collection occur. It is recommended that they are placed out the night before to ensure collection the next day. There is a limit of 10 bags or bundles per collection and the weight may not exceed 1/4 to 1/3 full for sod. Calling to schedule a pick up is no longer necessary.
Sod disposal - allow the sod to dry out for a day or two. Remove excess topsoil with gloves or a rake. Topsoil is rich in nutrients and microbes, so add it to a low spot on your lawn, in a flower bed, or to compost. Do not place wet sod into landscape bags. Only fill landscape bags 1/4 to 1/3 full when disposing of sod or the bags will break. If bags are too heavy for one person to reasonably lift it into the hopper of a truck, they will not be picked up.
Items Not Included:
- Grass clippings: are not collected. It is recommended they be mulched as they are mown and remain on the lawn for fertilization. Otherwise, private disposal is required.
- Heavy materials: Bags exceeding 50 lbs. each. Bundles exceeding 5 feet in length and/or 50 lbs. each.
- Any yard waste contained in plastic bags or in either the refuse or recycling cart.
- Branches that are too large or not bundled: Branches must be securely tied with rope, string or twine. Bundles should not exceed 5 feet in length or 50 lbs. each. Branches larger than 3 inches in diameter or longer than 5 feet in length will not be collected.
- Dirt, large quantities of sod, stumps and logs: Please arrange for private disposal.
- Large landscaping jobs are not included in this program. Private disposal will have to be arranged.
Leaf collection begins in autumn as the leaves begin to fall. For more information please click here.