Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste collection season begins in April and ends in November. Plant material, small brush and leaves are collected in 32-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags (available at local grocery and home improvement stores) or bundles on every Wednesday during that time frame with the exception of holiday weeks. Materials should be properly bagged or bundled securely and placed out for collection no later than 7:00 AM on collection days. They should be placed in the same area where your refuse and recycling collection occur. It is recommended that they are placed out the night before to ensure collection the next day. Calling to schedule a pick up is no longer necessary.
Items Not Included:
- Grass clippings: are not collected. It is recommended they be mulched as they are mown and remain on the lawn for fertilization. Otherwise, private disposal is required.
- Heavy materials: Bags exceeding 50 lbs. each. Bundles exceeding 5 feet in length and/or 50 lbs. each.
- Any yard waste contained in plastic bags or in either the refuse or recycling cart.
- Branches that are too large or not bundled: Branches must be securely tied with rope, string or twine. Bundles should not exceed 5 feet in length or 50 lbs. each. Branches larger than 3 inches in diameter or longer than 5 feet in length will not be collected.
- Dirt, sod, stumps and logs: Please arrange for private disposal.
- Large landscaping jobs are not included in this program.Private disposal will have to be arranged.
Leaf collection begins in autumn as the leaves begin to fall. For more information please click here.