The Village is divided into three water districts. Water consumption meters are read and bills issued in each district once every three months. Water utility billing rates are:
- $6.19 per 100 cubic feet.
- The minimum bill is $61.88, which covers the first 1000 cubic feet of consumption quarterly, with each additional 100 cubic feet billed at $6.19.
- Rate changes require Village Board approval and are phased in for each district during the August, September, and October billing cycles.
- The Village of Skokie continues to maintain one of the lowest water rates of area communities.
- Maintenance of plumbing and sprinkling systems on your property are critical in keeping your consumption low.
Water billing payments may be made through the mail (except cash), in-person in Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street or at the payment box located on the west side of Village Hall near the main entrance steps. MasterCard, Visa, Discover cards and debit card payments also are accepted. The Village does not charge a convenience fee for credit card transactions.
Electronic payments may be made in the form of a Direct Debit (PDF) from the customer's bank account or through the online payment method. To learn more about both options, view our Electronic Payment page.
Water billing personnel are available to discuss consumption and billing issues Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or in person at the first floor of Village Hall. Village Hall is closed on Saturdays. The Village apologizes for any inconvenience. Make a payment for Village of Skokie water bills, parking tickets and other non-moving violations or miscellaneous invoices 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A payment drop box is located on west side of Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, near the main entrance steps.
For more information please call the Finance Department at 847-933-8418.