- Your Government
- Village Departments
- Emergency Preparedness
- Smart911 Emergency Notification System
Smart911 Emergency Notification System
Register for the New Village of Skokie Smart911 Emergency Notification System
Alerts powered by Smart911 is the official emergency notification system used by the Village of Skokie to communicate by phone with Skokie residents and businesses during emergencies. Residents can opt in to register their mobile device and email address to receive text and email alerts. The Village no longer uses the CodeRED system, and if you registered for email and text alerts in the CodeRED system, you will need to re-register in the Smart911 system. Only landline phone numbers will automatically transition from CodeRED to the Smart911 system.
- Sign up now to receive alerts from the Village of Skokie via text message, email, and/or voice message.
There are two easy ways to register:
- Click here to register.
- Text the words AlertSkokie to 226787.
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts and indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
- Add optional information on medical conditions, preferred medical providers, emergency contacts, pets in the household and more to help emergency response teams provide the best care to you and your family during a crisis.
- Every six months, those who are registered receive confirmation texts and emails from Smart911 to verify that their information remains current. If subscribers don't verify their information, they will still receive alerts but if they call 9-1-1, their information will no longer appear to the dispatcher.
Sign up to receive emergency notifications here.
The Smart911 system will be used to send emergency alerts regarding weather and other public safety incidents such as evacuation orders, water boil orders, severe weather alerts, etc. This includes notifications when alternate-side parking regulations are in effect after a heavy snowfall.
Already a Smart911 user and need to update your emergency notification preferences? Click here to log in to your account.
Click here for more information and answers to frequently asked questions about Smart911.
This service is provided by the Village of Skokie to Skokie residents and businesses with no additional fees; however, message and data rates may apply depending on your provider and phone services. Please refer to your mobile phone's service plan for more information.