Public Arts Advisory Committee
- Committee meets as needed
- Honorable Barbara M Meyer, Chair
- Steven Bynum
- Tammi Finestone
- Andrea Horyn
- Susie Lorge
- John Maloof
- Zach Williams
- Nick Wyatt, Liaison
The Public Arts Advisory Committee is made up of at least five members.
The purpose of the Public Arts Advisory Committee (PAAC) is to integrate a wide range of public art into the community that reflects the diversity of the Village, various artistic disciplines and points of view, as well as to:
- Promote vitality and economic development throughout the community
- Develop a public collection of artwork which has strong aesthetic quality and a wide range of artistic styles and disciplines
- Encourage collaboration among artists, architects, engineers and property owners for the public display of art so that buildings, store facades, parks and open spaces are in aesthetic harmony with public art
- Provide opportunities for professional artists to sell or lease their art to the Village of Skokie
- Disperse public art throughout the community within an initial focus in Downtown Skokie
Take a Tour of Skokie's Public Art Collection!
Looking for something fun to do in Skokie this weekend? Take a guided tour of the public art in Skokie! To download the free app, search Otocast in Itunes or the Google Play store.
The app also helps users discover public art around the community that might have otherwise gone unnoticed. After opening the Otocast app, sculptures and murals in Skokie will be listed on a virtual map. Each sculpture has an audio recording by the artist, photos, a description and directions to the piece.