1. FREE Food Scrap Compost Drop-Off Sites! - Bring all food scraps including meat and dairy to any of the locations listed on the map. Locations are available all days of the week and open all hours of the day.
- Skokie Public Works - 9050 Gross Point Road near main entrance
- Devonshire Park - Grove Street Parking lot near basketball courts
- Village Hall - 5127 Oakton Street near main entrance
- Oakton Park - south parking lot off Kenton Avenue near tennis courts
- Fire Station 16 - 7424 Niles Center Road, parking lot off Fargo Avenue
2. Subscription Curbside Compost Program - The Village has a franchise agreement with Collective Resource Compost for the popular "orange bucket" program - weekly or bi-weekly curbside service in which a full bucket is swapped out for a clean one. To learn more about acceptable items, fees, and to sign-up, visit Collectiveresource.us. The Village is sponsoring a 15% discount on new residential, annual subscriptions.
3. Backyard Compost Bin Rebate - Get a $25 rebate from the Village after you buy an approved, above-ground compost bin. Compost yard waste, fruits, vegetables, egg shells, coffee grounds. Meat, dairy, bones, and grease are not allowed in backyard bins.