Skokie’s dedicated Public Works crews continue to provide essential services to the community each day. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some temporary service changes that are now in effect until further notice:
- Yard waste is now collected on Thursdays and Fridays with refuse until further notice. This is expected to go back to Wednesdays in mid- to late May. Schedule changes will be posted at www.skokie.org.
- Please ensure that ALL refuse is bagged, securely tied and stored in refuse carts with the lids closed.
- Only bulk items that cannot be held are being collected at this time. Otherwise, please store until the stay-at-home order ends. Large collections, such as move-outs and construction debris, are not being collected. Private disposal will have to be arranged.
- Only refuse carts that are missing or have damaged bodies are being repaired or replaced. All other requests are on hold.
- The Village has been notified that the Simple Recycling textile recycling pick up service is suspended until further notice.
- Large amounts of yard waste require private disposal. Village refuse collection crews continue to provide service to the community during the COVID-19 crisis
Lakeshore Recycling Systems services recycling routes in the community as usual. Residents are asked to please be mindful of these new guidelines issued by the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) to protect collection crews and processors who remain hard at work during this crisis: