Vehicle license renewal notices were mailed to Skokie residents in late May, and there will be several important changes to Village’s annual vehicle license renewal process this year. Vehicle sticker sales for the 2020-2021 season are scheduled to begin online and by mail on June 1, 2020. The deadline to purchase and display 2020-2021 vehicle stickers has been extended to November 30, 2020.
Given the changing situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19 and social distancing measures in place, residents should plan to purchase their vehicle sticker online or by mail. The information below is subject to change, and residents are encouraged to check back for updates.
Important new information for 2020:
- Skokie residents will receive vehicle license renewal notices in late May.
- Vehicle sticker sales for the 2020-2021 season are scheduled to begin on June 1, 2020.
- The deadline to purchase and display vehicle stickers has been extended to November 30, 2020.
- The cost is $40 for all passenger vehicles, with additional fees for trucks and trailers.
- There will be a $5 discount for all vehicle licenses purchased online. Passenger vehicle licenses purchased online will only cost $35. The online purchase discounts expire at 11:59 p.m. on November 30, 2020.
- Residents should plan to purchase vehicle stickers by one of the following methods:
- Online at www.skokiestickers.org, beginning June 1, 2020.
- Payment accepted with Visa, Mastercard, Discover and debit card. The Village does not charge an added fee for credit card payments.
- By mailing completed renewal notice forms and payment to Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie, Illinois 60077.
- By dropping off completed renewal notice forms and payment in the drop box outside the west side of Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, directly next to the U.S. mail box.
- The price of each sticker increases by 50 percent on December 1, 2020, for all purchases whether online, by mail/drop off in Village Hall box or over the counter at Village Hall, if in-person purchases are available.
- No date has been set to re-open Village Hall for over-the-counter purchases. When Village Hall does reopen, some social distancing measures are likely to remain in place to protect everyone. As such, longer wait times can be expected.
- All vehicles will be required to display 2020-2021 vehicle licenses and, if applicable, 2020-2021 zone parking stickers by Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
See more information about vehicle stickers, zone parking stickers and pet licenses.