With COVID-19 continuing to circulate, vaccination to protect against influenza, another serious disease, will be more important than ever this fall to help minimize illness in the community. Skokie residents are urged to obtain a flu shot this season. There will be modifications to the fall Health Department’s community flu shot clinics this year, in order to keep participants and staff safe because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The modifications are as follows:
The fall flu shot clinics will be held at the Oakton Park Community Center, 4701 Oakton Street, on the following dates:
• Wednesday, September 30, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 6, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Flu shot clinics will be open to ADULTS ONLY 18 years and older this year
Appointments open on Tuesday, September 8
Beginning Tuesday, September 8, Skokie residents ages 18 years and older will be able to schedule appointments for the fall flu shot clinics either online (www.skokie.org) or by calling 847-933-8252.
- Consent forms will be available online to print and bring to the clinic at www.skokie.org
- Please fill out the form prior to coming to clinic, to minimize your time in the clinic. Staff will be available to assist those who are unable to do this online.
- Masks must be worn
- Please bring identification showing proof of residence and Medicare card (if applicable) when you come to the clinic.
- For further information or to schedule an appointment please call the Health Department at 847-933-8252.