See new COVID-19 mitigation measures for Region 10, including Skokie.
The Skokie Health Department urges residents to take action to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) have announced the need for COVID-19 resurgence mitigation in Region 10, which includes Skokie, beginning Tuesday, October 27, 2020. See more information from the State of Illinois.
Increasing positivity rates and hospitalizations triggered the Illinois Department of Public Health to move Region 10 from a designation of blue to orange, indicating warning signs of increased COVID-19 risk, per the Restore Illinois Resurgence Mitigations Plan, which uses a standardized approach to monitor the state as a whole, while also monitoring regional trends.
The specific measures to be imposed as of 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. These mitigation measures include restrictions such as limiting bar and restaurant service and the sizes of social gatherings. Outdoor dining and carry-out service from restaurants is still available. See a list of Skokie restaurants open for outdoor dining as well as curbside and carryout service.
Please help slow in slowing the spread of this virus, DCHD urges residents to follow the effective public health tools available:
- Wear a mask whenever outside your home or around people not from your household;
- Watch your distance, staying at least 6 feet from people outside of your immediate household;
- Wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer often;
- Avoid large gatherings, especially indoors;
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19; consult with your healthcare provider for medical evaluation and testing, as needed; and
- Get your flu shot, to prevent illness from influenza and to prevent possible co-infection from influenza and COVID-19. Although the Skokie Heath Department's flu shot clinics have concluded, flu shots are still available at many local pharmacies and health care providers.
A reminder that Skokie’s Health Department and Economic Development Department offers businesses support and guidance to assist in keeping their businesses open safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. This team is available to answer questions and direct businesses to the appropriate resources. For assistance, please email email@example.com.
Additionally, Skokie businesses can find the latest resources for information on relevant grant programs and financial resources from local, regional, state and federal sources. See information on grants and financial resources.
See a searchable map and list of Skokie Businesses and Services providing curbside, delivery, or other accommodations.