As of noon on Monday, February 15, approximately four inches of snow had fallen in Skokie, with a total accumulation of 10 to 14 inches expected by the time the storm concludes. Here are updates on the Village's response to the storm:
Alternate-side parking will be in effect from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17:
- On Tuesday, February 16, all vehicles must be moved to the side of the street with even-numbered addresses between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- On Wednesday, February 17, all vehicles must be moved to the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Street plowing is underway, but the rate of snowfall is making it difficult for Public Works crews to clear the snow. Plowing will continue on Tuesday, February 16 and Wednesday, February 17. Please stay home and don't drive if at all possible - conditions are treacherous and vehicles impede plowing operations.
- Alley plowing begins shortly after midnight on Tuesday, February 16 and continues until completion.
- Sidewalk snow plowing begins at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and continues until completion.
Refuse and recycling collection information:
- There will be no refuse collection on Tuesday, February 16 or Wednesday, February 17. Regular collections are expected on Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19.
- Lakeshore Recycling Systems will not collect residential recycling or commercial waste on Tuesday, February 16. They expect to return to regular operations on Wednesday, February 17.