COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic scheduled for Thursday, February 3, 2022
has been CANCELED due to inclement weather.
Please click on one of the links below to reschedule for the next available clinic or to make an appointment with Cook County below.
The Cook County COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic is located at 1155 E. Oakton St., Des Plaines, IL 60018
Cook County COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic: Community Vaccination Program (cookcountyil.gov)
COVID-19 Vaccines Available for Skokie Residents and Workers Employed in Skokie
CDC recommends that everyone ages 5+ get a COVID-19 vaccine with a preference for people to receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna). Read CDC's media statement.
Please click the links below to schedule your COVID vaccine appointment with the Skokie Health and Human Services Department:
Moderna: age 18+
Pfizer: age 12+
Pediatric Pfizer: Ages 5-11
- Children ages 5–11 years can now get Pfizer-BioNTech PEDIATRIC COVID-19 vaccines.
- Booster shots are available to everyone ages 16 years and older who are fully vaccinated.
- 3rd dose for Moderately or severely immunocompromised people. People are considered to be moderately or severely immunocompromised if they have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
See the graph below regarding eligibility for booster and third doses (also called "Additional Primary Shot").
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional primary shot is appropriate for them. Read CDC Information for Immunocompromised People.
See Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-9 Hotline: 847/779-7726