Construction of the Skokie Homewood Suites and Conference Center by Hilton is a transformative opportunity to build and create a great opportunity in the heart of Downtown Skokie. Two hotel market feasibility studies validated that there is demand for this type of hotel. The hotel will specifically serve and anchor one of the regions’ most important employment centers, the Illinois Science + Technology Park in addition to numerous business and recreational interests in and near Skokie. This photo was taken at the August 11, 2022 ceremonial groundbreaking event, and the photo below shows Mayor George Van Dusen addressing those who attended for this exciting new project in Downtown Skokie.
There are expected to be over 100,000 guests who will stay at the hotel on an annual basis. In addition to the guests, residents, along with their families, friends and colleagues, will shop, dine, consume services and generate additional sales taxes for the Village. During construction, hundreds of construction workers and related professionals will work on the project. When completed, the hotel, restaurants, and event spaces are anticipated to generate 125 full-time jobs in Downtown Skokie.
CLICK HERE To Learn About the Developer and Hilton's Commitment to Sustainability
For further details of the hotel development, CLICK HERE
Key Components of the New Hotel
- 143 room Homewood Suites by Hilton
- $55+ million Investment
- Event/meeting of indoor space (10,000 sq ft) and patio (5,000 sq ft) that can accommodate mid -sized gatherings (200 to 400)
- Sky Pub (10,000 sq ft) on 8th floor with Chicago skyline views
- Ground floor retail space (13,000 sq ft) to accommodate additional dining and retail options. Space is being marketed with available occupancy by Dec 2023.
- Hotel to include fitness area, family room, enhanced suites, outdoor terrace
- Interior demolition began 6/22/22
- Exterior demolition began July 11, 2022
- Site Preparation and foundation construction September 2022
- Anticipated opening fall/winter 2023
- Property, Hotel, Event Space, and Restaurant to be owned by E&M Skokie, LLC and third party managed by Maverick Hotels and Restaurants (https://maverickhotelsandrestaurants.com/)