The Skokie Public Works Department's annual leaf collection program is underway and will continue through early December, weather permitting. Instead of bagging leaves into landscape bags, residents may rake leaves into the street next to the curb in front of their home.
As weather permits, crews make rounds throughout Skokie collecting the leaves every five to seven days.
- Rake leaves away from parked cars and do not park on leaf piles.
- Be mindful of fire hydrants and keep them visible.
- Wetting leaves while piled prevents them from blowing away.
- Do not rake leaves onto or in sewer drains.
- Please do not add twigs and branches or other garden debris to leaf piles as these items can damage equipment.
- Grass clippings are not allowed for yard waste or leaf collection.
The final yard waste collection will be on Wednesday, November 2.