My landlord is not responding to my requests, can you help me?

The Village does not have a local ordinance on landlord-tenant relations. The attorneys working for the Village's Corporation Counsel's Office cannot advise you on personal matters.

For additional information, you may wish to research these State statutes:

765 ILCS 705/ Landlord and Tenant Act.

765 ILCS 710/ Security Deposit Return Act.

765 ILCS 715/ Security Deposit Interest Act.

765 ILCS 720/ Retaliatory Eviction Act.

765 ILCS 725/ Property Taxes of Alien Landlords Act.

765 ILCS 730/ Rent Concession Act.

765 ILCS 735/ Rental Property Utility Service Act.

765 ILCS 740/ Tenant Utility Payment Disclosure Act.

765 ILCS 745/ Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Rights Act.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Corporation Counsel's Office do?
2. I need an attorney, can the Village help me?
3. Can you please tell me when my court date is?
4. I received a ticket and did not appear in court, what happens now?
5. I can't make my court date, can I get a continuance?
6. I received a ticket for a minor traffic violation, can you tell me what will happen?
7. I am having problems with my neighbors, can the Village help me sue them?
8. Where should a Notice of Foreclosure be sent?
9. My landlord is not responding to my requests, can you help me?